Friday, September 23, 2011

Whisper of Heavan revised



I hear a whisper, its calling my name,
In the twilight of heaven I can never be the same
Out in the meadow a pale moon arises,
Lighting the way for the heart that is pure.
As the crow flies and the wolf cries
 To the full harvest moon,
I look to the distance,
And I see you there.
I reach out to touch you,
In the still quiet air.

Don’t ask how it came to pass,
For the wise may not know,
How our world turned to ash,
As the prophets foretold
Carry on,
Carry on, Babylon may not fall
As the sentries stand guard
Through the night.

I know it’s out there,
A land that is green
Untouched by the pleasures
Of mans misery.
A land we were promised
A place of our own it calls
Come to me, come to me,
And make me whole.

Will there be a time,
When all men are free?
When we look to the sky,
And together decree,
That though clouds they gather,
If we just stay strong
There is nothing we can’t overcome.
We must fight for our daughters and sons.

Cause I heard a whisper,
Calling my name
And I looked to the sky,
And this is what He said,
He said child I have missed you,
And I’ve let you down,
Won’t you come back to me? I have made you a crown.
And I’ve come to take you home,
 Where you’ll never be alone,
Rest your head on my shoulder and never despair…
I’ll reach out and hold you in the still quiet air.

No comments:

Post a Comment