Tuesday, October 4, 2011

1965




Back in nineteen sixty five,
We were young,
With both our lives before us.
Didn’t then know much of life,
But what we did,
Filled our lives with warmth.
That was back in nineteen sixty five,
The year you lost your life and
I lost my way.
I’ll forever remember those nights,
The way they made you cry and then fade Away.
That was back in nineteen sixty five.

Reminisce
Of the traveler,
Just trying to get home
To a wife he once loved
And a child he adores
But he slips on the ice,
And runs off the road,
Memories of his child,
Who he’ll no longer know
Well where’s the Good Samaritan,
When you need him the most?
Where’s my guardian angel,
Did the lord let him go?

In a bar,
On a stool,
Sits an old man alone,
Reminiscing of his past
And of those He once loved,
As he stares at the glass,
He knows nothing will last,
Except maybe the scares,
Of those he left behind.
Though the child he once was,
Was both humble and kind,
The old man he is now,
Is a beggar and blind.

Cause back in nineteen sixty five,
We all knew,
That ignorance we bliss.
If only I had been brave,
You’d be here,
Smiling beside me.
That was back in nineteen sixty five,
The year you lost your life and I lost My way.
I’ll forever remember those nights,
The way they made you cry and then
Slip away.
Back in nineteen sixty five.

Please don’t despair,
Darling Jenny,
Know I’ll always be here with you,
If you just,
Find the strength to move on.

So let me go,
Let me go and I will fade,
Into a memory,
That you see,
In the back of your mind.

Hear these words,
Hear them well,
Don’t believe in love or hell,
They are words, that will fade,
Into the rain.
Into the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment